At TimberLink, our relationships with clients are governed by our focus on service, disciplined objectivity and confidentiality.
We serve clients with timber portfolios ranging from less than US$100 million to more than US$1 billion. Since we started our business in 2002, we’ve worked with clients from 10 countries representing more than US$10 billion in total timberland assets.
Our clients include:
- Pension funds, both public and corporate
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Foundations, endowments and other charitable organizations
- Insurance companies
- Private family offices
- Privately held venture-capital firms
We engage with clients by building a partnership based on a strong personal relationship and attentive communication. Here’s how we do it:
1. Introductions: The first meeting is our opportunity to get to know the clients and determine where our expertise best fits their specific needs in order to define the scope of work. We also share the details of our business model and experience. The meeting (in some cases a conference call) helps both parties understand the nature of the ongoing relationship.
2. Objectives: The next step is to thoroughly discuss the client’s objectives for the timberland portfolio. We adapt our processes to make sure the client’s needs and objectives are met.
3. Customization: This stage gets us to the specifics of the relationship as we mutually shape the strategy and expectations for investments. We determine research needs, negotiations with third parties, performance evaluations and numerous other tasks involved in portfolio management.
4. Engagement: With clear understandings about the relationship and objectives, we begin our work of advising, monitoring and assessing every phase of the investment. This engagement process enables us to serve the unique needs of each client effectively and efficiently.