Gary A. Myers joined TimberLink LLC in 2005 after more than 20 years of leadership in the timber industry. Gary is a former executive with Georgia Pacific, where he was the principal behind the formation and operation of The Timber Company, the largest publicly traded and independent timber equity at that time with six million acres of timberland and real estate in 19 states and Canada and a value of more than US$3.5 billion. From 2001 to 2005 he successfully operated his own private land investment and development company.
Gary has directed or participated in more than US$30 billion in timberland due diligence, mergers and acquisitions in the United States and seven other countries.
His areas of expertise include:
- Deal due diligence, negotiation and structure
- Forestland value and harvest plan optimization
- Property management costs
- Wood-supply agreements
- Large-scale forest management
- Appraisal critiques
- Financial modeling, accounting and reporting
- Internal controls
- Governance and investor representation
- Conservation easements
- International investment trends and risks
- Thought leadership and strategy
Gary earned a bachelor’s degree in Finance from Stetson University in Florida and a master’s degree in Forestry from Duke University in North Carolina.