Tracy Buran Evens has more than 20 years of experience in timber investment management. A principal of TimberLink LLC since 2003, Tracy previously served as Vice President/Director of Investment and Performance Analysis for Forest Investment Associates, one of the first timberland investment management organizations (TIMOs). A member of that firm’s Investment Committee, she shared responsibilities for deal approval and portfolio strategy decisions.
Tracy is a past chair of the Timberland Division of the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF) and was instrumental in the development of the NCREIF Timberland Index, a quarterly measure of timberland investment performance.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Manager search, selection and due diligence
- Investment management agreement structure and compliance reviews
- Industry statistics and market trend analysis
- Financial modeling and analysis
- Investment mandate design and objectives
- Financial statement reviews
- Business terms negotiation
- Investment management and incentive fee design and verification
- Reporting design and standards
- Investment performance measurement
- Consultation with tax and legal counsel
- Specialized problem solving
Tracy earned a bachelor’s degree in Economics from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC, and an M.B.A. in Finance from Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA.